Guidelines for Speakers
Oral presentations will be made electronically using the audio-video equipment provided at the conference venue.
Theo McGuckin, the Presentations Manager, should be contacted in advance of the conference with any special requirements concerning visual aids, including movies and/or audio.
Speaker Presentations Office
The Speaker Presentations Office is located in Room E10D on level 1 of the Convention Center. All speakers should visit this room the day before their presentation to check the fidelity of their presentation on laptops identical to those being used in the auditoria, to ensure beforehand that their presentations will work correctly.
Speaker Presentations Office Hours:
- Sunday, May 3: 14:00-18:00
- Monday-Thursday, May 4-7: 08:30-17:00
- Friday, May 8: 08:30-10:30
Windows and Apple computers will be available for presentations. Windows software includes MS Office 2010, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Acrobat Reader. Mac software includes MS Office 2011, Firefox and Acrobat Reader. There are no provisions for speakers to use their own laptops during the presentation sessions. All talks must be uploaded or delivered to the conference as described below. Please contact Theo McGuckin, the Presentations Manager, if you have special requirements.
Presentation Preparation Details
Speakers should upload their presentation following the Upload Guidelines for Contributions. NOTE: Presentations must be uploaded at least half a day before their scheduled time in order to allow verification and transfer to the presentation computer network.
Please note that we also require a PDF file of the presentation for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Please notify the IPAC'15 Editors if you do not want your slides published as part of the proceedings. Authors are responsible for upload of modified files if they only want a subset of their slides published.
The following precautions should be adhered to, to ensure smooth running of electronic presentations:
Please be sure to embed fonts in both the PDF and the original PowerPoint file. Only TrueType and OpenType fonts can be embedded.
- To embed fonts in PowerPoint 2010:
- Select File tab.
- Choose Options.
- Under PowerPoint Options, choose Save.
- Check the box for Embed fonts in the file
- To embed fonts in PowerPoint XP / 2007:
- Select the Office Button and select Power Point Options.
- Under Save options, select the Embed fonts in the file checkbox and Embed only the characters used in the presentation.
- To embed fonts in PowerPoint XP / 2003:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Save tab.
- Under Save options, select the Embed True Type fonts check box.
- To embed fonts in PowerPoint 2000:
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- Click the Tools menu in the toolbar at the top of the Save As dialog box.
- On the menu that appears, select Embed TrueType Fonts.
- Save the file as a PowerPoint Presentation.
Upload of Presentations
The files of presentations should be uploaded to our fileserver as early as possible, but at the latest, half a day before the presentation. Files should be named with the program code and "_talk" (for example MOXGB2_talk.ppt, MOXGB2_talk.pdf, etc.) and then uploaded in the same way as for papers through JACoW SPMS IPAC'15 Author Accounts. The program codes assigned to presentations are visible when logging into accounts, or via the "search" functionality.
Authors who are unable to upload to the server should copy the files to a CD or USB hard drive and bring it to the Speaker Presentations Office or Author Reception at least one day before the presentation.
At the Conference
Once the presentations have been uploaded to the server, they can be checked on the Convention Center’s computers in the Speaker Presentations Office.
Slides that have been successfully captured will be published in the web version of the proceedings without further action on the part of the speaker. As noted above, please notify the IPAC'15 Editors if you do not want your slides published as part of the proceedings.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Presentations Manager, Theo McGuckin, or the Scientific Secretariat, Todd Satogata, for further clarifications.